Friday, December 27, 2013

The Great Move of 2013/2014: Upcycle Projects for the new house!

With the move to the new house underway, I've been pinning a lot of renovation and project ideas over on Pinterest. I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you!


From making a hula-hoop rug, to "tank top" tote bags, book-shelves, tea-cup hanging lights, upside-down rake wine glass holders, here's my collection of project solutions for the house: http://www.pinterest.com/aimee_m_nadow/upcycling/


If you don't have the time to DIY, there are also many Etsy craft makers that make ready-to-buy recycled products, like Andrew over at Reclaimed Wood, who makes beautiful modern style wood pieces for the home.

My upcoming projects consist of the following:

Cutting stars out of bark for candle wrappers.

Using a newly painted "rustic" door as a bookshelf. Going to check out a salvage lot!

 Also hoping to find a good fireplace from a salvage lot. 
The cushioned back board has been on HGTV so many times that I'd like to try it. 


The 5 acre lot should provide some good branches.
Maybe even some wooden benches! :)